Should I stop eating Or what?

Question:
Should I stop eating?

I'm 17, 5'5", 115 lbs. for a while I've been very self conscious of my weight and body. My stomach is disgusting, it's fat and squishy and I've tried stopping eating carbs and doing exercises but it doesn't make the fat go away. I've been trying and trying and nothing is working. I've really been considering stopping eating anything. Like, I'll still eat every day but extremely small portions and not a lot of food at all. I know that doing this isn't good at all but I give up on trying various things to get rid of my disgusting fat of a stomach because nothing ever works. I don't know what I should do anymore. I'm so ready to starve myself but I'm afraid my parents will notice and I just don't know!

Answer:

First of all, you're not even close to overweight. For that height and weight, you're actually closer to being underweight. Tummy fat is normal for most people, especially girls. The fat is there to protect your organs and is stored there for girls in case of a baby.

Do not starve yourself. Not only is it unhealthy, it is ineffective. When you starve yourself, your body goes into a "starvation mode" where it absorbs every nutrient it can grab onto. For example, if your body regularly takes 50 calories for every 100 you eat, you will gain all 100 of those calories in starvation mode. Starving yourself only makes you unhealthy, ill, and gain more weight.
If you want to lose some weight, just keep exercising and eating set meals. Ask your parents to make healthy meals with lots of protein, carbs (very important for weight loss and suppllying energy for exercise), vegetables, and fruits. Take vitamins to boost your health. The healthier and better you eat, the higher your metabolism grows because your body recognizes that it can burn more calories because you maintain a steady stream of nutrients.

Also, an important rule of weight loss is to never skip breakfast, no matter what. At night, you sleep for a long time without eating. Your body is in a fasting mode, and when it wakes up, it needs energy. By skipping breakfast, you will make yourself tired, break your steady stream of nutrients, lower your metabolism, and make your body go into starvation mode for the rest of the day, where you will start gaining. Breakfast is very important, even if it's just an apple or a handful of nuts on the go.

Lastly, do some SET exercises, you don't need to start with a mile a day or a hundred push ups. It is important to do sets and switch between exercises to let your muscles rest and recover. Start slow, by doing a couple set a day of one or two push ups, a couple crunches, a couple junping jacks, a couple squats till you get used to it and eventually increase the number of reps/ sets. While you watch TV or are sitting, do leg lifts in the chair. While you walk, try speed walking using your calves. For that tummy, try sucking it in or flexing, because that actually tones tummy muscles.
Overall, remember that an unhealthy girl is NOT a pretty girl. Yes, that girl is skinny, and no, you do not have to look like her to be pretty. Nobody cares about your tummy, and anyone that does is shallow and toxic anyway. You are a growing girl and your body needs those nutrients. I can guarantee you stunted growth doesn't look good on anyone.
Source(s):
I've been there baby girl, please don't do it. Nothing can make up for lost self esteem in the future.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés